Jenna and I have been friends through a virtual running moms group (RMM) for quite a while now. I’ve seen her overcome many obstacles and come out stronger and healthier! You can check out her beginner blog here as well. snglmomiotr11.tumblr.com1. Why did you decide to lose weight/change your lifestyle? (Any and all reasons)
My number one reason was to help me through my separation then my divorce from my ex-husband. That reason changed into making sure I was one of those Mom’s who played on the w/ their kid growing up instead of staying on the sidelines. Now my reasons for continuing is to reach the goals I have set for myself.
2. What exercise did you do? (List everything)
1) Running- when I started I followed training plans. I lost my mojo for a good little while. I’m slowly getting it back.
2) elliptical- this is my go-to machine when I have a chance
3) hiking- I do this w/ my son. He loves it and I love that I get to spend uninterrupted time with him.
4) t25- this is a beach body program and totally ideal for the time constraints I have on my daily life.
3. How did you change your eating?
My eating has been the hardest part to change. I cut out fast-food and started bringing about %90 of my meals from home. And when I do have to eat fast-food. I do grilled chicken, only have the bun and no fries. I also make sure I have a shakeology shake daily at some point in the day.
4. Did you use any nutritional supplements?
The only few things I add as far as supplements go is a B-complex and Potassium pill daily. Like I said I have my Shakeology shake daily, and that has all of my nutrients I need daily so I don’t bother w/ a daily vitamin pill.
5. Did you have support? (Group, friend, online community, etc.)
I have a few ppl that I work with that have helped them want to be better as well. Bc they see me everyday so they know the hard work that I put into being the best version of myself that I can.
I have my online support from RMM. I’ve known these ladies for at least 5yrs. The group has changed, I’ve still got support from ladies who areno longer in the group. Their support has meant the world to me. There’s a few that I consider my sole-sisters for life.
I have my family who push me to my limits. They have stood me through everything.
Lastly, my son. Those two words mean everything to me. They continue to push me to push beyond my limits. He has no clue as to how much he’s changed me for the better, and I don’t know if he ever will. But I will always strive to be the best Mommy I can be for him.
6. What do you feel is the top thing you’ve gotten out of your journey?
My confidence back. My marriage was filled w/ domestic abuse (verbal and then physical towards the end), and with that I lost my confidence as a woman. Loosing the weight and just feeling better about myself (I still have “Debbie- downer” days. But instead of turning to food, I choose to get a good sweat in).
7. What is your next goal?
My next major goal (I always have a ton of small stepping stone goals to get me to my major goal at the end) is to loose 39lbs in the next year. That’ll make it 100lbs that I have lost.