I’m not sure if this is the actual name of the recipe, but I’ve seen it floating around Facebook and different Paleo sites, so I decided to give it a shot.
It’s a really easy recipe. Here’s what you need:
- 1 large avocado
- 1 large egg
- Black or cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Tabasco (optional)
- 1 cup black beans, cooked
- 1 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 180° (I actually did 225°)
- Slice avocado into two. Remove pit. With a spoon, hull out more avocado where the pit was.
- Crack egg into hole.
- Sprinkle your choice of pepper and Kosher salt over the top of the egg and avo. Sprinkle cheese as well.
- Bake for at least 20 minutes or until egg is at desired cooked stage. Heat black beans while the bird in the nest is cooking.
- Place on plate. Serve black beans on the side. Add greek yogurt on top of beans. Sprinkle Tabasco over everything.
- Serve while everything is still warm.
I hope you give this a try! Enjoy it!! I found it very filling, yet light as well. 😀